- The main pathway of germ transmission during health care are from hands.
- Hand hygiene is crucial to avoid the transmission of harmful germs and preventing health care-associated infections.
- Any person, may it be a caregiver, health-care worker or anyone else who is in direct or indirect patient care, needs to be concerned about hand hygiene and should be able to perform it correctly.
- Clean your hands by rubbing them with an alcohol-based formulation, if hands are not visibly soiled. It is faster, more effective, and better tolerated by your hands compared to soap and water.
- Use soap and water to wash your hands when they are visibly dirty or soiled with blood, other fluids, or after using the toilet.
- Clean your hands regularly.
Source of Information: