How to and When to Use a Mask
How to Put On and Dispose a Mask
- Clean hands with alcohol-based hand run or using soap and water, before putting your mask on.
- Use the mask to cover your mouth and nose, making sure there are no gaps between the mask and your face.
- While wearing the mask, avoid touching it, if you do, make sure your hands are clean.
- Once the mask is damp, replace it with a new one. Do not re-use a single-use mask.
- To remove the mask, remove it from behind, dispose of it immediately into a closed bin. Clean hands with soap and water or using a alcohol-based rub. Do not touch the front of the mask when removing.
When to Wear a Mask
If you are healthy, you need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with COVID-19.
- If you are coughing or sneezing, wear a mask.
- Masks are effective when paired with frequent hand-cleaning.
- If you choose to wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of the mask properly.
Source of Information: